I think it may be due, in part, to the gloomy clouds bedecking the sky this morning, but I most definitely woke up with the post-holiday blues this morning. Christmas is my favorite time of year- all of my favorite people gathered together, yearly traditions and yummy treats, good times had by all. I think we need to come up with another holiday that comes every three months so we can enjoy the same level of festivity more than just once a year! Right? Right! And we shall name this new holiday Festivus.
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the last week:
- Friday night was supposed to be date night. Guess what we did instead? We spent the evening looking for a new steam vacuum at Target. In other news, I think I just hit middle age. (The need for a steam vac came as a result of Lily tracking mud up the stairs and all over our bedroom before we had a chance to wipe her paws- SO FUN!)
- …so date night was moved to last night! We went out to dinner last night and as we got up to leave, a woman at the next table called me over to ask where I got my skirt. We exchanged a few pleasantries and then she looked at Matt and told me “You don’t deserve him.” Oh ma’am, I know. Almost three years later and I’m still trying to figure out how I tricked him into marrying me.
- Want to know how to disappoint a child? Show up on Christmas day and DON’T bring presents with you. Yep, that’ll do it every time!
- I heard the “Wake Me Up” song (you know, “JITTERBUG!”) in the car this weekend and was instantly transported back to the gasoline fight scene from Zoolander. Orange Mocha Frappucinos! Amiright??
- My rainy day ensemble is complete! Matt got me the exact Hunter rain boots I’ve been wanting and now I can’t wait for an excuse to go tromping around outside in them!
I took this past week off from shooting (mostly), so here’s one of my favorite shots from 2013- taken in Stamford, England on my Contax 645. I feel like I’m living in a Jane Austen novel whenever I look at this image!