I hope you guys are having as awesome of a Monday as I am! Why is it awesome? Because two of our favorite people ever are here- James & Jess! They’re visiting from Santa Barbara for a few days of great company. And our first order of business after picking them up from Union Station? A trip to Buttercream Bake Shop. And let me tell you- it was SO worth it. I’d gone in with every intention of getting my hands on one of their chocolate Ho-Hos but the second I saw “Lemon Meringue Cupcake,” I changed course.
And then when we were leaving, I had serious FOMO and rushed back in and ALSO bought a Ho-Ho.
I’m not proud of that, you guys.
As I was in DC shooting Joey & Julie’s STUNNING wedding at the Old Post Office (no, but seriously- I can’t wait to show you guys!!!), I wasn’t able to celebrate National Rosé Day, so we made up for it yesterday! On the way home from DC, we stopped into Wegman’s and bought six bottles of rosé. And as it’s supposed to be in the high 90’s this week, it’s perfect timing for chilled pink wine. WOOOO!
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- Heads up: DON’T FORGET YOUR ID if you’re planning to go to a swanky speakeasy. I left my driver’s license in my camera bag after Saturday’s wedding and I wasn’t able to get in for our reservation last night. Huuuuge party foul.
- You guys! We visited the Lincoln Memorial as tourists for the FIRST time ever yesterday! James & Jess wanted to walk the iconic marble steps, and once we were up to the top staring Abe in the face, I realized the only times I’d ever been to the Memorial is for weddings & engagement sessions! The side effect of living so close to the nation’s capital :).
- And then after the Lincoln (before the speakeasy debacle), we grabbed dinner at Ben’s Chili Bowl, a local landmark for anyone in the District. I cannot believe it took me this long to get there- the food was so freaking amazing!! I’ve never enjoyed a chili dog as much as I did yesterday.
- Like, I’m already fantasizing about going back later this week.
- Is it just me, or do a lot of these MMU bullet points end up being about food?
- Best surprise ever- walking into the JCrew Outlet and seeing a sign that everything is 60% off. PLEASE AND THANK YOU.
- Lily’s been condemned to the Cone of Shame for the next few days since we found her licking at a hot spot on her foot, and it’s sad/hilarious to watch her try and navigate- up the steps, jumping onto the bed, attempting to squeeze into tight spots. I mean, I feel bad laughing, but it’s just so dang funny.
Gaaaah I’m SO EXCITED to share these two and their gorgeous day!! Teresa of Rex & Regina absolutely knocked it out of the park.