It finally occurred to me over the weekend that Thanksgiving is this week. “Late much, Abby?” Yeah, I know. But that’s what happens when your busy season runs right up to the holidays! Because it is officially THE HOLIDAY SEASON! Right?! I mean, don’t get me wrong: I won’t break the sacred Christmas music oath by listening to jolly tunes until AFTER Thanksgiving, but still! Holidaaaaays!
You know what else happened over the weekend? Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them came to theaters!!! For those of you living under a rock, it’s the newest JK Rowling film, set within the same magical universe as Harry Potter, just like… 80 years earlier :). It was AWESOME. I actually liked it so much that we saw it Thursday night… and then I went again with my brother Seth yesterday afternoon. And I liked it even better than the first time I saw it. If you’re a Harry Potter fan, you have to go see it. YOU HAVE TO DO IT. As JK Rowling wrote it herself, it absolutely feels authentic and true to the original series!
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- We made the decision to drive to & from Memphis for the last Creative At Heart conference of the year. In theory, this was a great idea. And I’m still glad we did it, because we were able to stop and see my grandparents both on the way out and back. HOWEVER. I didn’t account for how exhausted we’d be after 13.5 hours on the road, then the flurry of activity that always accompanies these amazing conferences, and then the 13.5 hours of driving on the way home. Flat. TIRED.
- And I didn’t even drive! Matt drove the entire way! Three cheers for you, babe. Seriously.
- Friday night was the best: an anniversary session & drinks with Kara & Steve (aka the cutest humans in the world, see below for evidence), a phone chat with a brand new couple who got engaged in London after seeing Harry Potter & The Cursed Child (I ALREADY LOVE THEM!), and then dinner with Arienne & Kevin, another one of my favorite couples ever, who introduced us to Korean BBQ.
- I say this a lot, but I have the best job ever. And that’s made especially evident when past clients turn into friends!
- When you’ve been averaging four-mile runs for the last few months and then increase to 6 for a Saturday run, your body will hate you. Even though it’s only two more miles. As someone who’s run three marathons, sucking wind on a six-mile run was kind of humiliating…
Evidence of the cutest humans in the world! I can’t believe this was my FOURTH time photographing them in the last year and a half- every time, it gets better and better!