Happy Monday morning, friends! It’s a good first day of the week here in the Springmann house, because it’s the first Monday since Matt quit his job that we’re both here- the first two, either I or both of us were in France. So this’ll be our first full week together at home, and I’m pretty excited for it!
(Here’s another preview from our session with David Abel in Paris!! I can’t wait to see the rest of them!)
On Wednesday, we sent off my film from this most recent trip and after tallying it all up, I realized I shot 36 rolls over a week and half. So that means one of two things: 1) I was either really inspired, or 2) I waaay overshot. Let’s just assume it’s #1, yeah? Yeah! I CAN promise that I held back on taking a photo of every café crème I encountered this time.
As always, lessons learned/events that transpired over the past week:
- Nothing beats having the seat next to you open during a trans-Atlantic flight. I had a window seat, and the guy two seats over from me and I discussed with growing excitement the possibility of having all that extra room. And sure enough, when they closed the cabin doors, we had a chasm of space between us. It was amazing.
- Also, AirFrance is the best. I don’t know that I’ll ever fly to Paris with any other carrier! And they have the CUTEST “please buckle your seatbelt, etc.” video at the beginning of your flight!
- Today is tax day. Which means I can finally use those Voldemort & Bellatrix Lestrange stamps that I’ve been saving all year. Because what else would you use to decorate the envelope you send to the IRS?
- Trader Joes has the best selection of springtime flowers. Tulips, hyacinths, ranunculus, and soon they’ll have peonies!!
- I love Ireland’s pub culture. I was at a pub in Dublin last Monday sitting with a pint of cider, and the table next to me was abuzz with four folks, likely in their late sixties, talking about whether or not they’ll be having an open casket at their own funerals. It was amazing.
Will & Karie were married on Saturday with the sweetest wedding day you’ll ever see! I can’t wait to show you their photos on Thursday!